Despite suffering the negative consequences that result from drug and alcohol use and abuse, many women and men put off seeking treatment. They’re often rooted in denial, believing that they can quit anytime. They tell themselves and others that they don’t need a drug rehab program because they do not have a problem. However, nothing could be further from the truth.
While women and men experience addiction differently, the goal of Bayview Recovery is to lead our clients to recovery. We understand that you may have previous rehab experiences that were unsuccessful or unpleasant, but do not let that stop you from getting help for yourself or a loved one.
At Bayview Recovery, we believe that each man and woman in our treatment program deserves the best possible care. We provide a series of evidence-based and holistic treatment options, which we tailor to the needs of the client, giving them the best possible chance for long-term recovery. Don’t put off seeking treatment for another day. Contact Bayview Recovery at 855.478.3650 to learn about our drug rehab program today.
Why Should You Seek Treatment for a Substance Use Disorder?
There are numerous reasons, but overall you ultimately want to live your best life, free of the pain and suffering that addiction brings. Some of the more common reasons for seeking treatment include the following:
Addiction Can Cause Serious Health Problems
Substance abuse can lead to a number of severe health problems, including liver and kidney disease, heart problems, cancer, lung disease, and more.
Addiction Can Destroy Relationships
If you’re struggling with a substance use disorder, your relationships have likely suffered as a result. Drug and alcohol abuse can strain even the strongest relationships—friends, family, and co-workers. In treatment, you’ll learn how to repair the damage that’s been done and build healthy, supportive relationships.
Addiction Can Cost You Your Job
If you’re using drugs or alcohol at work, it’s only a matter of time before you get caught and lose your job. In treatment, you’ll have the opportunity to work on your job skills so that you can reenter the workforce with confidence.
Addiction Can Lead to Legal Problems
If you’ve been arrested for DUI or any other drug-related offense, getting help is essential before things spiral out of control. In treatment, you’ll learn how to make better choices and avoid the legal problems resulting from drug and alcohol abuse.
Addiction Can Lead to Relapse
If you’ve been in recovery before, you know relapse is always possible. While relapse is always a potentiality, those who have undergone professional treatment are more likely to remain in recovery. Going it alone or “cold turkey” is very rarely effective for any meaningful long-term recovery. In treatment, you’ll learn how to identify the triggers that can lead to relapse and how to avoid them.
Our Tacoma, Washington Drug Rehab Program Can Uncover Reasons for Addiction
Every rehab center has its own unique environment and amenities. However, when you enroll at Bayview Recovery, we offer evidence-based treatments that have been proven effective. Therapy is something you’ll encounter in any rehab, and that’s because addiction is about more than just using drugs or alcohol.
People turn to drugs and alcohol for several reasons, and getting at the heart of those reasons is key to finding sobriety. Every person has a unique addiction story, but there are many shared reasons for addiction, too. These commonly include the following:
- Mental health disorders: Depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or PTSD from trauma are just some of the mental health conditions that can contribute to substance use disorder as individuals self-medicate to mitigate mental health symptoms.
- Unresolved trauma: Trauma can happen in childhood or as an adult and include sexual assault, domestic violence, and near-fatal experiences like car crashes, mass shootings, tornadoes, and warfare.
- Codependent relationships: A codependent relationship is one in which someone else’s well-being is dependent on the addict’s drug use. This often happens in relationships with an emotionally abusive partner.
- Loneliness: A feeling of profound loneliness or isolation can lead to addiction as people self-medicate to fill the emptiness they’re feeling inside.
- Low self-esteem: People with low self-esteem are more likely to turn to drugs and alcohol to cope with negative feelings about themselves.
- A lack of healthy coping skills: When people don’t have healthy coping skills, they’re more likely to turn to drugs and alcohol to deal with stress, anxiety, and other difficult emotions.
These are just some of the reasons people turn to drugs and alcohol. In treatment, you’ll work with a therapist to uncover the root cause of your addiction so that you can begin to heal the underlying wounds.
Reach Out to Bayview Recovery
If you’re ready to get help for your addiction, we’re here for you. Bayview Recovery is a Joint Commission-accredited drug and alcohol rehab center in Tacoma, Washington. We offer a variety of evidence-based treatment options, including individual and group therapy, 12-step programming, and more.
We understand how difficult it is to ask for help, but we also know it’s worth it. If you’re ready to take the first step on your journey to recovery, contact us online or call 855.478.3650. We’re here to help you every step of the way.