Thanks in large part to government programs such as the Affordable Care Act and private insurance companies prioritizing mental health and substance abuse treatment, access to addiction rehab has never been easier and more affordable.
One of those insurance providers is Tricare Insurance. Tricare rehab coverage is offered to those who qualify for one of the many insurance plans that Tricare offers.
About Tricare Insurance
Tricare Insurance is the official health care program of the United States Department of Defense Military Health System. Historically, Tricare has provided health insurance benefits to members of the military and their families including:
- Active-duty personnel
- Retired members of the military
- National Guard or reserve members
- Spouses and/or children of active-duty service members
- Spouses and/or children of retired uniformed service members
- Spouses and/or children of national guard and reserve members
- Those who are registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
- Spouses and/or children of Medal of Honor recipients
- Survivors of deceased military members
- Medal of Honor recipients
It is important to note that not every member of the armed forces is eligible for Tricare benefits. Check your DEERS eligibility to find out if you are eligible and what benefits you have.
Tricare Drug Rehab
For those suffering from drug addiction, Tricare covers treatment for a variety of prescription and non-prescription medications including:
- Prescription drugs
To find out what coverage you have as it pertains to your drug addiction, reach out to your Tricare insurance representative. You can also fill out our insurance verification form. We will go over your policy and let you know what is and isn’t covered before you begin treatment for your drug addiction.
Tricare Alcohol Rehab Coverage
Since alcohol is a substance of abuse, if you are suffering from an Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) your Tricare insurance plan will cover treatment including:
- Treatment (Inpatient, Outpatient, Partial Hospitalization)
- Therapy (Individual, Group, Family, Psychotherapy)
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
While most Tricare plans cover alcohol rehab in some form, the amount covered will depend largely on the plan you have. To find out to what extent your alcohol rehab treatment will be covered, you can reach out to your insurance representative or contact us directly. We will go over your policy and let you know what is and isn’t covered.
Additionally, should you be responsible for any sort of co-pays, deductibles, or other out-of-pocket expenses, we will let you know about that!
Treatment Programs That Tricare Covers
Tricare wants to make sure that those in need of addiction treatment can get the help that they need from start to finish. That’s why many Tricare insurance plans cover a variety of treatment programs.