How long does drug and alcohol addiction treatment take? That is one of the most common questions asked by those who are pursuing treatment. The problem is, there is no way to know. That is why turning to a location that offers extended care options can be very important. At Bayview Recovery, we provide the long-term treatment you may need to recover from an addiction fully. Though not everyone needs it, knowing that it is there is critically important to many. To learn more about how long your treatment may take, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Bayview Recovery today at 855.478.3650.
Why Long-Term Treatment Is Often Best
There are numerous situations where long-term treatment, meaning care that lasts several months or longer, is helpful. Those who have used drugs for a long time can take some time to break free from them. Additionally, those with mental health disorders such as depression or anxiety may also benefit from long-term care. There are several additional reasons why it is best to seek long-term treatment, such as:
- Addiction is a complex brain disease. It takes time to create, and it takes even more time to treat for many people.
- Rushing through treatment typically leads to an increased risk of relapse.
- Long-term recovery therapy allows you to deal with not just the addiction but the underlying cause. This cause may include past trauma or a mental health disorder.
- When treatment is conducted over the long term, there are more opportunities for supportive services, including family therapy, to be a part of the process. That further ensures the best outcome.
- Life is hard and changes often. Having a team to talk to as you are getting back into life can help you manage difficult situations confidently and often with less risk of relapsing due to stress.
With more help for a more extended period, you may feel better and more capable of achieving your best outcome. Take the time to consider what this type of therapy could mean for you.
What to Expect in an Extended Care Program
An extended stay program may be beneficial to you because of what it offers. Most of these programs provide a more prolonged and more intense schedule of therapies and services. You have more opportunities to work with therapists, counselors, and other professionals to help you. These programs still allow you to live at home, but the amount of care you receive may go on for a more extended amount of time. Remember, there is no specific end date for care; you may need more time than others do. This treatment option gives you that time.
Exploring the Extended Care Program at Bayview Recovery
We aim to provide you with exceptional access to the type and level of care you need. That includes providing avenues for long-term recovery and ongoing support. Our programs include treatments such as:
- Men’s treatment programs
- Women’s treatment programs
- Partial hospitalization program
- Medication-assisted treatment program
- Intensive outpatient treatment program
- Outpatient treatment program
When you meet with your counselor, you’ll learn more about each of these and other programs we offer. We make recommendations and then work with you to determine how much care you may need and structure it.
Explore the Treatment Options at Bayview Recovery
For many people, recovery from drug and alcohol addiction is successful, lasting, and life-changing. It takes some time and hard work to get to that point. Long-term treatment may be right for you to ensure the best possible outcome. That’s why it is one of the services we offer at Bayview Recovery. Ready to find out more? Explore the options with us online or give us a call at 855.478.3650 to set up a time to speak with our compassionate counselors.