Finding the right treatment program is one of the most important parts of recovery from substance use disorders or mental health conditions. A partial hospitalization program in Washington can provide the most effective treatment for some people. If you aren’t familiar with partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), you may be wondering what a PHP is, and if it is right for you.
If you need support for addiction and mental health recovery in Washington, Bayview Recovery has a wide range of treatment programs to accommodate your needs. For a high level of care on an outpatient basis, our PHP provides the benefits of inpatient programs with the added convenience of living at home during treatment. Call us today at 855.478.3650 to learn if a PHP is right for you.
What Is PHP?
A PHP, or partial hospitalization program, is a type of treatment program that allows you to live at home while getting treatment for addiction or mental health. A PHP can help you manage substance use disorders or mental health conditions like anxiety and depression. This is an ideal option for people who need more support than an outpatient program but cannot attend residential treatment.
What Are the Benefits of PHP?
There are several PHP benefits to consider when deciding if a partial hospitalization program is right for you. Some of the primary benefits of PHP include:
- Helping ease the transition home after an inpatient stay – You will continue to receive intensive treatment but on an outpatient basis. This will help you slowly adjust to everyday life and all the potential triggers and temptations you may encounter. Your treatment team will help devise a relapse prevention plan to keep you on track.
- Offering an alternative if insurance won’t cover inpatient treatment – If you need intensive treatment, but your insurance won’t pay for an inpatient program, a partial hospitalization program is the next step down in intensity level. Another PHP benefit is that treatment costs less than an inpatient program. Therefore, your health insurance may be willing to cover some or all of the costs. If you are paying out of pocket, a PHP is also a way to help you save money on treatment.
- Providing a secure environment for those who need additional support – While you may not require inpatient treatment, you might need a higher level of support if you live in a home environment that isn’t particularly supportive of recovery.
A partial hospitalization program can provide the ideal balance of intensive treatment with the flexibility and freedom of living at home.
Is PHP Right for Me?
You may be wondering if a PHP is the right level of care for your needs. Here are a few questions to ask to help you decide if a partial hospitalization program is the right way to go:
- Is your addiction or mental health condition moderate to severe, but you can’t attend inpatient treatment?
- Have you completed inpatient treatment but still need intensive support from your care team to stay focused on recovery?
- Does your home life make it challenging to avoid triggers or temptations?
If you answered yes to any of the above, a PHP might be the best fit for you. A PHP benefits those who need frequent contact with their care team to prevent relapse. It also provides a natural transition from inpatient treatment so that you continue receiving a high level of support until you feel stronger and more confident in your recovery.
Choose Bayview Recovery for Your Partial Hospitalization Program
Bayview Recovery is here for you if you need a highly structured outpatient program to help you stay on your path to recovery. Reach out to us at 855.478.3650 to schedule an intake assessment to determine if our PHP is your best option for overcoming addiction.