For over 30 years, September has marked the observance of National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month. The month’s primary goal is to raise awareness and understanding surrounding mental and substance use disorders. Throughout the month, there are several celebratory dates, such as National Sober Day. By celebrating these dates, we embrace and honor those who have recovered from a substance use disorder.
If you or a loved one is currently living with a substance use disorder, hope and help are available to you. At Bayview Recovery in Tacoma, Washington, we offer a complete continuum of addiction-related care. Our premier addiction recovery center provides a comprehensive approach to recovery by providing numerous levels of care. From medication-assisted programs to outpatient services, we curate a unique and individualized program to facilitate healing and lifelong recovery for our clients. To find out which level of care is right for you, call one of our addiction specialists at 855.478.3650.
National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month
The 2021 National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month theme, “Recovery is For Everyone: Every Person, Every Family, Every Community,” reminds those in recovery and their loved ones that no one is alone through the journey of recovery. The focus of the 2021 campaign is to promote evidence-based treatment practices and recovery programs. At Bayview Recovery, we offer an extensive list of programs that highlight this theme, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy program: This program aids an individual to change the way they think and feel about themselves and their problems in active addiction so that they may begin the path of recovery.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy program: Giving those in recovery a set of reliable practices to manage their emotions and minimize the risk of relapse is the goal of this evidence-based practice.
- Individual therapy program: This type of care is specific to the needs of the client. This program involves only the client and the therapist.
- Family therapy program: Addiction is a family disease. Understanding group dynamics and addiction can support a loved one suffering from a substance use disorder in recovery after they leave treatment.
- Group therapy program: Being involved in group therapy with individuals in recovery can provide support and accountability.
- Trauma therapy: For those who have experienced traumatic events, a comprehensive approach in treatment will be necessary to help an individual successfully recover from mental and substance use disorders that co-occur.
By providing multiple services and practices, we will tailor the client’s program to the exact needs of an individual. Each person in recovery has a unique story, but many share the same thoughts and patterns that led them to addiction. One of the first things someone in recovery should realize is that they aren’t alone.
Although each year, the theme of National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month changes, certain aspects remain the same:
- Recovery is possible.
- Evidence-based programs instill prevention techniques that are used throughout recovery.
- Mental and behavioral health is essential to overall health
- Treatment through proper addiction programs is effective
Alcohol and drug addiction is a chronic disease that doesn’t show its most serious stage suddenly. Some may experiment with drugs, use them recreationally, and then develop a severe dependence. It’s essential to educate yourself if you or a loved one is experiencing any stage of addiction.
Contact Bayview Recovery Today
At Bayview Recovery, raising addiction awareness dominates our vision each month. We provide excellent care to those who wish to no longer battle addiction alone. If there’s any question or concern you may have about addiction, don’t hesitate to call one of our highly skilled staff members at 855.478.3650 or visit us online for more information.