Addiction, unfortunately, results in damaging life, health, relationships, and the capabilities of an addict. With growing awareness of addiction, there have been more comprehensive approaches to help people understand this condition. Rebuilding relationships in recovery is a great way to garner support. A family therapy program can uncover the root causes of addiction. When an entire family system has the opportunity to heal from the effects of addiction, a powerful support network of loved ones is created.
Bayview Recovery, located in Tacoma, Washington, offers an array of therapy programs. By offering different programs, Bayview Recovery is able to help many kinds of people. Our individualized approach to recovery is necessary for upholding our belief in long-term success in sobriety. Are you or someone you care about is currently struggling with sobriety? If so, you could benefit from one of our addiction therapy programs. Call Bayview Recovery now at 855.478.3650 to speak with one of our addiction specialists.
The Importance of Rebuilding Relationships
The impact addiction makes is not limited to the user. Rebuilding relationships after addiction takes a lot of work and is an ongoing commitment. Attending an addiction therapy program can help teach you healthy coping strategies for life after rehab. Learning how to be mindful and practicing stress management are examples of techniques you could learn in therapy to help rebuild relationships.
Rebuilding new foundations of trust take time to cultivate. Unfortunately, addiction changes you, and it may take time for your family and friends to accept the sober you. Recovery is a time for transforming yourself; therefore, gaining trust in yourself again can make it possible for others to trust you. Addiction does not have to break the bonds you have already created. Healthily reconstructing bonds can greatly increase your chances of remaining sober throughout life. Some benefits of rebuilding relationships in recovery are:
- Having healthy relationships with your loved ones add fulfillment to your life
- There is less stress involved in positive relationships
- Healthy relationships with friends and family can transcend into other relationships, such as in the workplace
- Decreasing stress in your relationship can add health benefits in your life like lower blood pressure
- Working together healthily can increase chances of obtaining goals
- Having a solid support network can benefit everyone, especially those in recovery
Working on mending a broken bond can be overwhelming. However, at Bayview Recovery, our counselors are prepared to curate a program that will help you gain immense support and have lasting success in your relationships as well as your recovery.
Importance of Sober Relationships In Recovery
At Bayview Recovery, we believe repairing old relationships and creating new sober relationships are extremely valuable to recovery. Through therapy, you can excel in relationships which will reveal the strength you have in sobriety. Addiction therapy services we offer are:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: This therapy form helps you realize negative emotions or thought patterns that influenced your life.
- Dialectical behavior therapy: With this therapy program, you have a set of practices that help manage stress and emotions.
- Individual therapy: Being able to work on healing in a judgment-free setting can improve the way you think and feel about yourself.
- Family therapy program: Addiction is a family disease. By attending family therapy, healing can take place within the entire family system.
Our clients often form new healthy relationships in recovery through meeting peers that share a similar experience, with the main goal being sobriety. Connecting with peers is great for accountability. Additionally, creating a support network of people in recovery can form lasting bonds by practicing what you’ve learned in therapy. Bayview Recovery’s group therapy program encourages you to gain back self-confidence while helping others accomplish goals in recovery. Group therapy builds a strong community through comfortable group sessions where you can express yourself in a safe environment.
Contact Bayview Recovery
The counselors at Bayview Recovery are highly qualified for addiction treatment. We offer personalized care in a comfortable setting to achieve success in lifelong recovery. Call now at 855.478.3650 to learn more about the freedom you can have in recovery!