Remorse and regret are feelings associated with addictive patterns. Addiction makes those abusing alcohol or substances believe that they will never be happy or confident without using. When dealing with the negative thought patterns that occur in addiction, you begin to become disconnected from your true self. Dependence on substances can diminish your life skills along with your sense of self. You can find yourself again at Bayview Recovery’s life skills training program.
We can help teach you how to identify and develop life skills that you may lose in addiction throes. You can relearn some lessons, while others may be completely unfamiliar. No matter the stage in your life after addiction, Bayview Recovery is here to provide support in achieving a successful and long-lasting recovery. The importance of rebuilding life skills after addiction can have a tremendous effect on your healing process. Call Bayview Recovery today at 855.478.3650 to find out how our life skills training program can be beneficial to your life in recovery.
The Importance of Rebuilding Life Skills
The goal of addiction recovery is to change, improve, and expand your life. You can achieve this by shedding your dependence on anything that may be harmful to you. The core of recovery is reconnecting with your true self. Addiction can mask your self-identity until you have entirely lost who you are. Learning healthy ways to cope while rebuilding life skills can be instrumental to succeeding in lifelong recovery. Some examples of how you could rebuild life skills in our life skills training program are:
- Social interaction: Learning how to constructively engage with people without being under the influence is an important skill that can not be overlooked when transitioning to life after addiction.
- Self-sufficiency: Personal hygiene and a healthy diet are important living skills that may not have been practiced in addiction.
- Emotional stability: Practicing healthy ways to cope and effectively managing stress are tremendous life skills in recovery.
- Control of day-to-day life: Keeping a job, responsibly paying bills, or keeping up-to-date maintenance on your vehicle are some responsibilities that adults typically deal with. While living with an addiction, these responsibilities may have been non-existent.
Through sobriety and recovery, you can discover your true self again.
Life After Addiction at Bayview Recovery
In the addiction treatment services that we offer, there is an immense amount of learning and rebuilding of life skills that you will need in your new life of sobriety. Practicing these skills will help you stay strong in your recovery. Our staff’s total commitment does not stop after you leave one of our substance abuse rehab programs. We offer aftercare alumni services that offer life-long support in your recovery. Benefits of an aftercare program like ours at Bayview Recovery are:
- Relapse prevention
- Rebuilding and use of healthy life skills
- Maintain connections with those who face similar challenges
- Ongoing professional support
Rehab aftercare is a part of the recovery process that should not be overlooked. Addiction is a disease that needs support and management throughout life. Bayview recovery wants you to have a healthy and drug-free lifestyle, and you deserve it. Our ongoing commitment to recovery relies upon the unwavering belief that you can achieve lifelong sobriety. If you wish to take the first step in recovery, let Bayview Recovery help you. Visit us online or call us at 855.478.3650 to get started freeing your life from addiction.
Contact Bayview Recovery
Bayview Recovery has the proper means to provide an effective life in recovery for you. We have a comprehensive approach to recovery by offering an array of services, including:
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
Our knowledgeable staff can help you take the first steps towards recovery, whether it be through our drug rehabilitation or drug recovery programs. Rehab is a tremendous advance in recovery, and life after addiction requires ongoing efforts to sustain sobriety. We can help you no matter the stage of your recovery. Call us now at 855.478.3650 to learn more.