Addiction is a complex disease that requires a multifaceted treatment program. For the most successful recovery, you need support from your family, friends, and loved ones to help you through the process of healing. You also need support from an appropriate addiction treatment program. For some people, accessing quality addiction treatment can be a challenge. A telehealth intensive outpatient program in Tacoma, Washington, can remove some of the obstacles to receiving the best care for addiction recovery. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with telehealth care for addiction. If so, that’s OK. Read on to learn the telehealth treatment definition and how telehealth addiction treatment can make it easier than ever to get help for addiction.
If receiving addiction treatment from the comfort of home appeals to you, reach out to Bayview Recovery. Our telehealth addiction treatment provides you with the same evidence-based treatment included in our in-person programs but on a more convenient, virtual basis. Call us today at 855.478.3650 to find out more about our telehealth care for addiction.
What Is Telehealth Treatment for Addiction?
Telehealth treatment is a type of care that involves the use of technology to provide addiction treatment, counseling, and support. It can be used alongside in-person treatment or as an alternative to it. Telehealth clinicians are typically licensed therapists who provide therapy via video conference, phone calls, and text messages.
Telehealth care allows you to receive treatment in the comfort of your home. It eliminates the need to make frequent trips to the facility for sessions. The primary benefits of telehealth addiction treatment are:
- Virtual treatment may be especially helpful for people with mobility issues who struggle to commute to the treatment facility.
- Telehealth care is great for those who provide full-time care for children, older adults, or adults with chronic illnesses who cannot take time off to visit the treatment center regularly.
- Telehealth addiction treatment is beneficial for people living in remote areas where access to treatment is sparse.
- Virtual addiction treatment is ideal for people with very busy schedules who do not have time to drive to the facility multiple days per week.
Receiving telehealth addiction treatment can make it easier for you to receive the support you need for recovery on a schedule that works for you.
How Does Telehealth Care for Addiction Work?
Before enrolling in a telehealth treatment program, you should check if your insurance will cover it. Some insurance companies do not cover the cost of telehealth care for addiction. You can ask your preferred treatment facility to verify your insurance coverage before you begin a program.
Once you receive verification of insurance coverage or decide to pay out of pocket, your telehealth addiction treatment may involve:
- A virtual assessment to determine which type of telehealth care is best for you
- Individual counseling with a telehealth therapist
- Group therapy via video or phone chat
- Check-ins with a physician to monitor your withdrawal symptoms and medications either through video chat or over the phone
Your treatment team may also refer you to other virtual recovery resources such as online support groups. You won’t need to spend time commuting to the treatment facility. Therefore, it will be much easier to fit treatment into your schedule. In some cases, people may participate in virtual sessions on their lunch break or in the evening after they put the kids to bed. This makes treatment accessible for just about anyone.
Recover with Telehealth Addiction Treatment at Bayview Recovery
If you have a busy schedule or do not have quality treatment available at a local facility, reach out to Bayview Recovery. Our telehealth treatment is just as effective as our in-person treatment programs. Call us today at 855.478.3650 to learn more about how our telehealthcare for addiction works and to verify your insurance.