If you or a loved one has completed addiction treatment, you may be wondering how to sustain your recovery for the long term. After completing a residential or outpatient addiction treatment program, you will want to be prepared to live a sober lifestyle. Therefore, considering an addiction rehab aftercare program may be the best choice you make for lasting recovery.
At Bayview Recovery, we understand that staying sober after completing an addiction treatment program can be nerve-racking, especially early in your recovery. Although you may have gained the tools necessary for sobriety, that doesn’t mean that you won’t benefit from continued support. Our aftercare program for rehab provides you with a long-term solution to sustain your recovery for the long term. Call us today at 855.478.3650 to learn how our aftercare program for addiction can support sober living.
What is an Aftercare Program for Rehab?
An aftercare program for addiction aims to help keep people on their recovery path after completing residential or outpatient treatment. It’s considered the final step in addiction treatment to further assist a person in transitioning to long-term sobriety. Addiction aftercare programs usually include:
- Individual counseling – Therapy helps you continue to work through problems in your life that can make it difficult to abstain from drug or alcohol use.
- Group therapy – Spending time with your peers in recovery allows you to support others and receive their support for any struggles you have staying focused on sobriety.
- Medication monitoring – Some addictions may require long-term medication to alleviate cravings as the brain heals from the effects of addiction.
- Recovery support – You continue to receive support from counselors and medical professionals who may also refer you to programs outside the facility, such as peer support groups, 12-step programs, and sober social groups.
If the thought of completing your addiction treatment program is daunting and you are worried about staying on track, you may find success with an aftercare program for rehab.
The Importance of an Aftercare Program for Addiction
Once you have completed inpatient or outpatient addiction treatment, you may be feeling especially motivated for your recovery. But as time goes on, that energy may fade. Consequently, you may find yourself slowly slipping into old patterns, including those that led to substance abuse. How can you maintain your recovery for the long term? This is where an aftercare program for addiction comes in.
Some of the main benefits of a rehab aftercare program are:
- Relapse prevention – You stay in contact with addiction treatment staff and peers in recovery. As a result, you receive frequent support for your recovery needs. If you ever feel vulnerable to relapse, you can immediately reach out to your treatment team for assistance.
- Reinforcement of healthy habits – To sustain a sober lifestyle, you need to replace old, unhelpful habits with positive, healthy ones. Your treatment team will help reinforce these habits, such as stress reduction techniques, a balanced diet, regular exercise, and rebuilding relationships with loved ones.
- Connection with local resources – Your treatment team can help you find additional resources to support a healthier, happier, sober lifestyle. This can range from sober living homes to food and housing assistance from government programs. Some facilities may even help find employment, transportation, and childcare.
An addiction aftercare program provides a more complete recovery experience. In addition, it can keep you motivated and focused on staying sober and improving your quality of life.
Maintain Your Recovery with Bayview Recovery’s Rehab Aftercare Program
At Bayview Recovery, we understand that sustaining recovery can be more difficult if you return to the home, work, or social settings that contributed to your addiction. Our aftercare program for rehab will help you revamp your lifestyle to one that is conducive to recovery. Call us today at 855.478.3650 to learn more and enroll in our addiction aftercare program.