Receiving the right level of support during addiction treatment is crucial for your recovery success. Although relapse can be a common part of the recovery process, you can reduce your risk and frequency of relapse when you enroll in the appropriate treatment program. If you have ever attended addiction treatment or know someone who has and relapsed, you will surely understand the benefit of a Tacoma, Washington, extended recovery care program. Long-term care for rehab may be best for those who need additional support, but you should learn more about these programs to ensure your extended care treatment expectations are accurate.
Bayview Recovery is dedicated to providing a wide variety of outpatient treatment options so that many clients have the opportunity to recover without having to attend inpatient treatment. We understand that the standard treatment model of 30- to 90-day programs may not be applicable for all situations. Our extended recovery treatment program is designed to provide you with long-term support and therapy to keep you on the right path. Call us today at 855.478.3650 to learn more about what to expect in extended care at our facility.
What to Expect in Extended Care
Before enrolling in treatment, it’s important to clarify your extended care treatment expectations. You need to know what the program entails and if you can commit to the schedule. Extended recovery treatment isn’t to be confused with aftercare, which provides prolonged support but on a more flexible, less intensive basis.
Here is an idea of what to expect in extended care:
- Intensive treatment with the flexibility of an outpatient program – Your schedule may vary with visits to the treatment center anywhere from three to seven days a week.
- Individual, group, and family therapy sessions – Your counselors will continue to provide you with support to dissect addiction triggers and find ways to eliminate or avoid them over the long-term.
- Medication-assisted treatment – Some addictions, such as opioid use disorder, may require long-term medication regimens to keep cravings at bay.
- Holistic therapies – The facility may provide programs such as yoga, meditation, nutrition, and art therapy to help you experience better overall health and well-being.
Some extended recovery treatment programs may also include educational workshops and case management to help you find sober housing, employment, and other social services if needed.
Why Choose Extended Recovery Treatment?
Since most treatment programs range from 30 to 90 days, you may wonder why you would need extended care. The answer lies in the need for individualized treatment for people with addiction. No two cases of addiction are the same, so no two treatment plans should be the same. Extended care may be a good option for you if:
- You have struggled with addiction for many years – If you have dealt with substance use disorder for a long time, it will likely take longer to recover fully. Extended care provides a long-term care option that offers more support than aftercare.
- You have attended addiction treatment before – If you have been through treatment but have relapsed, extended recovery treatment may help you find long-term recovery success by easing the transition into everyday life more slowly.
- You have severe co-occurring mental health disorders – Mental health conditions can make it harder to recover from addiction. In cases of severe mental health disorders, you may need to continue with therapy through an extended care program.
If you think extended recovery treatment may be the right level of care for your addiction treatment needs, reach out to a reputable treatment center for an assessment.
Bayview Recovery: Extended Recovery Treatment to Support Lifelong Recovery
Now that you know what to expect in extended care, speak with the professionals at Bayview Recovery. Our extended care program can help you achieve your lifelong recovery goals. Contact us today at 855.478.3650 to discuss what extended care can do for your sober future.