When you have a loved one with depression, it feels helpless to watch them suffer. No matter what you do to cheer them up or to motivate them, they never seem to get better. That’s because they have a disease. They need professional therapy and support to balance out their symptoms and to treat the underlying cause of it. If you have a loved one in your life struggling with mental illness, it’s up to you to get them help when you can. Contact Bayview Recovery and we provide you with the tools and resources to do that.
Does Your Loved One with Depression Need Help?
Knowing when a person has a mental health condition and when they are just going through a rough time is hard to distinguish. That’s why it is best to turn to a professional when you think you have a loved one with depression. Some indications that this may be happening include:
- Withdrawing from social situations
- No longer interested in the things they used to like to do
- Using drugs or alcohol consistently
- Talking about dying or death
- Low self-confidence and self-esteem
- Feelings of helplessness
- Profound sadness that does not seem to get better
When this is happening, you may wish to turn to a treatment center to get immediate help. The good news is you can help them to see they need help. They are not the first person to feel this way and you likely will not be the last. We offer programs that can help them with whatever battles they may be fighting.
How to Convince Them to Get the Support They Need
When a loved one with depression is not receptive to getting help for their condition, it can be frustrating. There are a few simple things you can do to get them help.
- Do not tell them you understand what they are going through unless you’ve been diagnosed with depression.
- Tell them there is help available to them right now. They don’t have to live like this.
- Express to them that their life can be better, and it can be anything they want it to be if they get help.
Telling them is not enough. You also need to have treatment programs lined up for them. For those who need help, request individual therapy sessions from our treatment team. You can also turn to us for dual diagnosis treatment, which is beneficial to those who are using drugs and alcohol at the same time.
We offer a comprehensive depression treatment program that can help your love done to get back to life. With treatment options that include trauma therapy and support as well as psychotherapy programs and support, there is help for most people battling depression. It is possible to find value in life and to explore new opportunities.
Find the Guidance You Need at Bayview Recovery
When you have a loved one with depression, it can feel nearly impossible to stay out of it. You don’t have to. Men and women with depression and drug abuse need someone who can help them to see there is help available to them. To learn more about how you can help, call our team at Bayview Recovery. We offer a number of therapy options to help those who need it most. Some of the programs we offer include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy program
- Dialectical behavioral therapy program
- Gym therapy program
- Wilderness therapy program
- Experiential therapy program
- Nutrition therapy program
- Cognitive restructuring therapy
Let us provide you the right support to get them the care they need. Help your loved one today by calling 855.478.3650 to speak to a mental health specialist.