When speaking of addiction, many have heard of a 12-Step program like Alcoholics Anonymous, perhaps one of the oldest and most influential models in treating addiction. This peer-based program provides an anonymous, supportive, and safe place to share feelings and experiences that are associated with addiction. The 12-Step program is effective in maintaining sobriety for individuals who use the program. The steps lay a foundation of plans and principles that showcase how to overcome addiction.
Bayview Recovery’s comprehensive approach to therapy combined with a 12-Step program can have countless positive effects on a person’s life in recovery. Call us today at 855.478.3650 if you or someone you care about could benefit from one of our personalized treatment programs.
Understanding the 12-Step Process
Programs may vary, but some common steps involved with the 12-Step process include:
- Extending help to others who struggle with addiction
- Living a new way of life
- Making amends for wrongdoings committed in addiction
- Taking a moral inventory of past mistakes
- Admitting you are not in control of your addiction
Practicing these steps in its intended process produces successful results. People involved with the 12-step process learn how to take accountability for their actions instead of blaming others. When a person can admit they have become powerless over their addiction, they can gain the insight to heal from it.
The 12-step recovery program has created a worldwide support network of people in recovery and is available at Bayview Recovery’s campus. We strive to offer a variety of treatment programs to maximize the success of recovery. Visit us online or call at 855.478.3650 to learn more about the different types of treatment programs we offer.
12-Step and Other Programs Offered at Bayview Recovery
The 12-Step program addresses the effect addiction has caused physically, mentally, and emotionally. Through sharing experiences about the effects addiction has caused in others, one can identify what must change in themselves. Two unique factors of a 12-Step program are sponsorship and a group setting. Sponsors, much like counselors, can provide awareness of old coping mechanisms and replace old habits with new and healthier strategies.
Our goal at Bayview Recovery is simple: increase the chances of lifelong recovery. We strive to offer personalized care through our many treatment models. What may work for someone else in recovery might not work for you; therefore, having different resources and options increases treatment effectiveness. Participating in a 12-Step program in combination with one of our addiction therapy programs can open the door to a life of sobriety for you.
Learn More at Bayview Recovery
While the 12-Step program has been a proven foundation of success in recovery, it is not the only option in addiction treatment. A combination of treatment models can help you achieve recovery. At Bayview Recovery, we offer the 12-Step program and other addiction therapy treatment models to pave the road of success to recovery for you. Some other therapy treatment models we offer are:
- Individual therapy: Before entering a group therapy setting, individual therapy can help uncover the root causes of addiction.
- Holistic therapy: Engaging in art or yoga therapy can help an addict become more mindful of their intentions in recovery. Practicing yoga can give a sense of connectedness which can benefit people who are suffering from addiction.
- Family therapy program: Addiction is a “family disease,” so when healing takes place in the entire family system, it can benefit all who participate.
- Dialectical-behavior therapy: This form of therapy offers healthy techniques to replace harmful patterns formed in addiction.
Addiction does not have to rule your life, and you can make recovery possible at Bayview Recovery. Our skilled counselors are here for you. Call us today at 855.478.3650 to take your life back from addiction!